Monday, January 11, 2021

Speak Kind Words

Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.  (Colossians 4:6)

 

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. (Luke 6:45)

 

Our words tell us what is in our hearts. When our hearts are settled on our God, we will speak blessings and encouragement, and our speech will be like morning dew and evening rain on the dry and thirsty ears that hear us. Let your speech be a blessing today, and let the world hear Jesus in you.

 

When I speak poorly, it is a sure sign that there is something ungodly seeking to find a foothold in my heart. So, I must take the spade of God's Word and dig out every root of bitterness, every offense, and every point of darkness the Scriptures reveal. There is absolutely no room in my heart for that which does not glorify the King, because God is light, and His children are the light of the world. Therefore, our words must bring life, light, and peace to every conversation. The Holy Spirit has shed the love of God in your heart, so speak kind words today that reflect His presence. Others are listening. God is listening.

 

Let’s Pray – Father, place the words of Jesus in my heart and on my lips. I will set a guard on my tongue, that my words would be seasoned with salt, building others up, not tearing them down. Be pleased with my speech today. Amen, 

1 comment:

  1. AMEN....and may the Father be pleased with the things that come forth from my mouth.

    ReplyDelete