Thursday, January 14, 2021

Born from Above

That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of Spirit is spirit.  (John 3:6)

 

We had no choice in our natural birth, but we are born in the Spirit strictly by choice. We must choose to believe in Jesus, and we confirm that choice by walking in the Spirit He imparts. Then, our life takes on the fragrance of heaven, and we become the “salt of the earth” -- we are the only ones who make this otherwise bland and sinful world palatable to God. God is Spirit, and as His children, so are we. Welcome to the family of God!

 

God's family is like no other family, for it is not respective of bloodlines or DNA. His family is not natural, but spiritual. No human action or interaction can bring anyone into His family, but only the Cross of Christ and the Atonement He accomplished there. The finished work of Jesus is the only door to the Household of Faith, and we enter on our knees and no other way. That is the difference between being born of the flesh and the new birth. Natural birth opens the door to the world, but the new birth opens the door to forever, and the wise man steps through that door. Jesus is the door. So, think deeply on this, my friends. The consequences are eternal.

 

Let’s Pray - Thank You, Lord, for making me a child of the King. I am forever grateful to be called by Your Holy Name. Teach me to worship You in spirit and in truth. I gladly give you my life, and I consider it my reasonable service. In Jesus’ name, Amen. 

2 comments: