Saturday, January 2, 2021

A New Day

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory . . .  (2 Corinthians 4:16, 17)


God is after greater things in us than we know, and once we realize how much He loves us, we can weather the most difficult seasons with a winsome joy. No more sulking or sour sadness disguised as “suffering for Jesus!” That’s not devotion at all, and no one is drawn to the Lord by that kind of sullen religiosity. True worship comes from a heart that looks to the dawning of the new day and to the fulfillment of God’s divine purpose, and God is looking for true worshipers!

The work we are called to do is to believe on Jesus and all He says to us. We live joyfully and expectantly, because we refuse the clamor all around us, and we harken to the King above and the Kingdom within. The Lord requires we be faithful and courageous, and His Spirit within us is always pouring out His love and giving us the power to be the overcomers He says we are. Remember, God will touch and bless every hand and heart lifted up to Him. So, look up today, see Your Lord on high, lift your hands, and give Him the glory He deserves. It's a new day!

Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. (Psalm 24:7)

Let’s Pray – Dear Father, I will look beyond the difficulties of the moment and worship You in spirit and truth. You are firmly in control of my life, and You are always faithful. Thank You for trusting me with these trials. Through them all, I will rejoice and give You glory. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. My prayer for this very moment thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!!! What a friend we have in Jesus. Thank you oh God for every trial, for every mountain I've had to climb. Thank you for your love, your kindness and goodness towards me. I give my life to you again....as I continue walking with you. I love you Jesus!!!!!

    ReplyDelete