Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Perfect in Weakness, pt. 2

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

 

It seems absurd to “boast in my infirmities” as Paul did, but that is where the power of God rested in his life. Before the Lord could use him, Paul had to die to all his many gifts, his wisdom, his accomplishments, and even his great knowledge into the mysteries of God. While most men stand on these things, Paul learned to put them aside, that he might make way for an even greater revelation of God’s Son. It is a difficult truth, but God’s strength is perfected in us through our weakness. Are you willing to be weak today?

 

God's divine life is imparted to us as we open our hearts to the Holy Spirit. He brings us to the nail-scarred feet of Jesus, and Jesus brings us as joint heirs to the Father. None of these things depend one bit on any works of ours. We must not endeavor to earn what Jesus has won; everlasting life is ours by grace through faith, and that alone. The fact that we are unworthy and undeserving only serves to magnify the Lord and illustrate the sweetness of His love and kindness. His strength is attracted to our weakness, and we must come to understand that we can do nothing good without Him, nor should we desire to. Jesus is the only King who was willing to become weak and the only God who was willing to become a man. As He was willing to be weak, so must we be. 

 

Let’s Pray – Father, I lay down every claim and possession, and I take up that which You would give me, and that alone. Let Your divine excellence be my portion, as I humble myself in Your sight. May I be strong in the power of Your might today. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Aaawwaahhhh!!!! I needed my mind, and spirit to receive this Word today as my body wants to do the total opposite; which is refuse to die to its self. It's one thing to be found weak....than to being just plain out LAZY. Choosing to die....in order that I might rise up in the strength of our Lord and Savior...Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete