Tuesday, January 26, 2021

By My Spirit, pt. 2

So, he answered and said to me:"This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts."  (Zechariah 4:6)

If we think we can love God and the world, we deceive ourselves; and that deception stems from the belief that good can be found in anything or anyone other than Jesus. That is where we are in danger of losing the vitality of our faith, and where we are tempted to fall out of love with Jesus and in love with success. Therefore, we must be careful to draw near to God and take a more earnest heed to His Word. He desires to have us to Himself; so we cannot get wrapped up in worldly pursuits, lest we become like salt that loses its savor, or lamps hidden under a bushel. Let that not be said of us!

 

Believers are hidden under the shadow of the Cross, and the world no longer has the access to us it once had. We are no longer entangled with worldly people and causes, and we refuse to go back to the places from which God removed us. He has taken us off the table, so to speak, and we are exclusively available to Him. God has set you apart, so let Him have His way with you. Abundant life awaits, and that life is only found in Christ, and only by His Spirit -- . . . "but by My Spirit," says the Lord of hosts.

 

Let's Pray - Father, I am turning away from the futility of worldly activities and thinking, and I am confidently turning to You. I submit myself to You; so, lead me by Your Holy Spirit, and I will gladly follow. In Jesus, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!! So glad the Lord has taken me off the table and hid me in Him. It really ainet all that bad....to lay your life down so HE CAN give us everlasting LIFE. My goal is to keep looking at Him and obey His calling and I know I will wind up complete in Him. I HAVE EVERY THING TO LOOK FORWARD TOO. Who in their right mind would wanna look or go back; not I. Free from sin!!! Free & no longer in bondage!!!! Walking in light...having been brought out of darkness..wow!!! Peace in the midst of storms, sorrows turning to joy, in weakness given strength, somebody loves you!!!! Who could ever wanna return to the old nature of the flesh and being under the curse. Jesus has risen from the dead and raised me up to be born again in the spirit. No turning back!!! No turning back!!!!

    ReplyDelete