Friday, January 1, 2021

A New Thing

 Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing.  (Isaiah 43:18, 19a)

The Lord will take you to new places and show you new things, if you are willing. His mercy and love are new every morning, and He is leading you to new heights where only the faithful can follow. Christ desires to live His life through you, so move every obstacle and concern out of His way. The things that lie ahead count most. Leave your past behind and move forward with God. Take His hand, trust Him, and follow Him closely.


"A new thing" is something greater than has ever happened in you before, and the Lord is doing that thing. He alone does what no human effort, self-help, or self-improvement can — for only God can do a perfect work in you. This new thing will bring you closer to Jesus, where nothing is impossible, and the impossible is nothing! Your part is to present yourself daily, to be stretched and changed until Christ is fully formed in you. So, forget what's behind and press toward your new life in Him. That is where you'll find your joy. That is where you'll find Jesus.


Let’s Pray – Dear Lord, give me eyes that look forward, and I will approach this new year with great expectation. I trust You with every detail of my life. Lead me in the way I should go. In my Savior’s name, Amen.

1 comment: