Friday, January 15, 2021

Believe Without Seeing

Blessed are those who have not seen and have yet believed. (John 20:29b) 

. . . while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)

 

Faith is God’s precious gift to us, and it embraces what is most important — the things that are not seen. The Word teaches we are most pleasing to God when we walk by faith, not by sight. Therefore, we are not defeated or overcome by life's difficulties, because we have made the choice to look to the Lord and not our circumstance. “God said it, so I believe it!” That is faith, and faith alone pleases God.

 

Faith is imperative, because there is far more to the Christian life than what we can see or possess. That is why an overemphasis on earthly prosperity and material success is an affront to all Jesus taught. God is not preparing His children for success, or breakthroughs, or prosperity, or even ministry. God is preparing us for heaven, and nothing else. His perspective is eternal, and so must ours be. If we are prepared for the return of Christ, we will also be ready for everything we encounter in this life. However, we can be dressed for earthly success, having all the trappings of blessings and prosperity, and be thoroughly unprepared to meet our Lord. Jesus puts it his way, "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?" (Luke 9:25) May the Lord keep us from accepting worldly standards. May the Lord increase and reward our faith.

 

Let’s Pray – Father, I choose to walk as if I already have everything I need and desire, for I believe You are my Provider. I will rejoice and say, “Thank You!” -– for You have done great things in my life, and I know You will continue to do so! In Jesus alone, Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. AMEN He has did many great things in my life...like the changing of my heart & the renewing of my mind. Making ways outta no way...and He continues to pour into me His grace, His joy, His peace, and mercy.

    ReplyDelete