Monday, January 25, 2021

By His Spirit

 So, he answered and said to me:

"This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:

‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’

Says the Lord of hosts." (Zechariah 4:6)

 

We must endeavor to understand God’s ways more and more, because He uses methods we are not acquainted with. Too often, we are looking for what we can see, understand, calculate, control, and organize; but the Lord is working on a much deeper level. “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing . . .” (John 6:63a) When we ask Him for true wisdom, He will answer, give us spiritual understanding, and a superior perspective on things.

 

Anything that rises up from us (no matter how good or sincere) will become a thing in itself, and this is always a snare in Christian work. Though it may seem godly, Christian enterprise is no more holy than that of the world. The Lord is building that which is heavenly, not earthly; and that which He is building will point men and women to Jesus Christ, not to us. It does not matter what people think of me or you, our works, or our reputation. In fact, we will encounter the fiercest opposition and misunderstanding (even from Christians) when we are truly serving God. May every Christian worker lay aside good intentions and our most sincere efforts in order to grasp the meaning of these words, "'Not by (your) might, nor by (your) power, but by My Spirit,' says the Lord." 

 

Let's Pray - Lord, I will not limit You to methods I can understand, but I will look to You in the Spirit and see Your great salvation! Do what only You can do in my life; and use the people, places, and things You ordain. Let it be unto me according to Your will. In Jesus alone, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment