Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Capture Every Thought

. . . casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. 

(2 Corinthians 10:5)

 

Thoughts are strange things. They can come at any time, from any direction, and lodge themselves in our consciousness without invitation or permission. Those thoughts can become our gods, unless we learn to immediately capture and judge them by the Word. Is your thought life subject to God's Word, or have you made God subject to your thoughts, your intellect, your take on things, or your take on Him? Think about it . . . no, pray about it!

 

But He (Jesus) turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of." (Luke 9:55)

 

But we have the mind of Christ. (1Corinthians 2:16)

Just because we think or believe a thing does not make it so! We can be far off base in our thoughts, because we have embraced a popular or personal point of view -- one that just happens to set well with our own temperament. Christians have too often identified themselves with men, words, and works that have never been crucified with Christ; therefore, we are known by our politics and opinions, but not by our love. The Holy Spirit will have none of that, and if we allow Him, He will take us by the hand and lead us into all truth; and that truth is found only in Jesus. So, bring your thoughts captive to Christ, leave them at His feet, and He will give you His mind in return.

 

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart

Be acceptable in Your sight,

O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. (Psalms 19:14)

 

Let’s Pray – Lord, please forgive me if I have put You in the box of my own limited understanding. The entire universe cannot contain You, and neither can my intellect. Give me the mind of Christ today, and expand my horizons. Help me to see what You see and to agree with Your Word. In Jesus’ name, Amen. 

3 comments:

  1. Amen. This is a tall order to daily live out. BUT KNOWING THAT ONLY THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN WORK THIS OUT THRU AND IN ME....I KEEP LOOKING UNTO JESUS WHO IS THE ONE THAT IS THE AUTHOR & FINISHER OF MY FAITH. I continue to agree with God....and believe He is faithful to complete His work of perfecting me. No burden for He has got this.

    ReplyDelete