Tuesday, January 19, 2021

A Spotless Bride

. . . that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. (Ephesians 5:27)

 I’ve been privileged to witness many weddings, and I’m always amazed at the attention paid to every detail pertaining to the bride. I have never seen a bride with a dingy dress, a careless hairstyle or makeup -- but she is flawlessly prepared for the occasion, and rightly so. If you and I choose to live in a fashion that adorns the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then we, too, will be properly dressed for our Heavenly Bridegroom on that great wedding day. Would Jesus be proud to call you His bride today? Is your life spotless and holy? Are you fit to be with Him, or will you be shut out of the wedding feast?

 

God's standard is perfection, and that is because His standard is Jesus. Notice Paul tells us that Jesus is preparing His bride for Himself. In other words, if you belong to Him, He places His loving hands on every detail of your life. Every imperfection must be dealt with, and every attitude and temperament, as well as words and deeds, must be laid bare before Him and His scrutiny. Our heavenly adornment must be as spotless and white as His was on the Mount of Transfiguration, because nothing of sin or self will be received or accepted in heaven. Those of us who are looking forward to that Day purify ourselves, just as He is pure (1 John 3:3). Remember, holiness is hard work, but it is glorious work -- and the benefits are eternal.  

 

Let’s Pray – Father, I desire to be ready when my Lord returns for me. Whether by death or rapture, I only want to spend eternity with Jesus. So, cleanse me, sanctify me, and make me holy, Lord. I am Yours. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen....I to desire to be ready when He comes. Really picture what I will look like spotless and without blemishes; beautiful in white as like a bride on that day He gathers His bride. (church)

    ReplyDelete