Monday, January 4, 2021

Perfect in Weakness

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”  (2 Corinthians 12:9) 

The weakness Paul speaks of here is not sin. The only answer for sin is found on our knees at the Cross. Weakness is the human condition — the frailties, disappointments, and shortcomings with which we all struggle. God searches out the areas of weakness we would hide in shame, and His grace strengthens us and glorifies Him in that place. In fact, the Lord’s strength is attracted to our weakness, as is His provision to our need. Go to Him weak, and He will acknowledge your weakness and send you forward in His strength!


True ministry is never based on our giftedness or excellence, and God will never settle heavenly matters by human efforts. We are not called to do things for God, but to present ourselves to Him daily and give Him the opportunity to do whatever He pleases with us. Anything we do in our own strength will bring us glory. So, God trusts us with weakness, so that our work is done in His strength, not ours. Remember, when the job before us requires Kingdom power, only the weak need apply.

 

Let’s Pray – Dear Father, I confess my desperate need of Your Holy Spirit. Fill me today and live the life of Jesus Christ through me for all to see. Thank You for loving me and strengthening me, even in my weakness. In Christ alone, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment