Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Come and See

And Nathanael said to him, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?” Philip said to him, “Come and see.” (John 1:46)

 

The entire New Testament can be summed up in one word, “Come.” Are you surrounding yourself with people of faith, people who encourage and challenge you to “Come and see”? Our faith is always strengthened by the example of those who follow after the Lord closely. When we seek Him, we will find Him, for Jesus is anxious to reveal Himself to all who sincerely search Him out.

 

Let us be careful not to take other roads, look to human solutions, and harken to earthly powers. May we remember that the answer to everything that truly matters is Jesus. God is teaching us to turn to Him first, and when we do, He will give us the ability to see life from His perspective. Truly, our spiritual maturity can be measured by how quickly we come to Jesus, and how well we've learned not to trust in ourselves. Our lives are to be a continual "coming," and our lives will flourish when we do. So come. Leave all behind, and just come. “Come and see.”

 

Let's Pray – Father, I come to You today, and I know I will find You if I search with all my heart. I humble myself in Your sight, and I ask You to remove the scales from my eyes, so I can see clearly and draw near to You. Thank You, Holy Spirit, for bringing me to the Father through Jesus the Son. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Daily may I seek to come into your presence; that I may be found in your presence always. Father increase the light of the Holy Spirit in my eyes as you continue to remove the darkness. Keep me free from blindness both naturally and spiritually. I surrender my all to you that I may walk in newness of life....not in the former oldness of my human nature. Set me free....daily.

    ReplyDelete