Sunday, January 10, 2021

Quietness and Confidence

For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: "In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength." (Isaiah 30:15)

 

God's children are like trees planted by rivers of living water (Psalm 1:3), and we enjoy the wonderful provision and protection of the Lord. Our supply is often unseen and unnoticed, but our roots go deep and are consistently nourished by the never-ceasing supply of a Holy God. Our confidence is firmly rooted in the belief that God never fails, never gets weary, and He is good all the time. That confidence is our hiding place -- the secret place found only by those who are rooted and grounded in Him.


Be still and know that I am God. 
(Psalm 46:10)

Our work is not to solve life's problems, but to bow before the One who sits on heaven's throne. We triumph over distress and depression when we surrender to the Father's will, and we learn to get to our knees quickly. Believers hidden with God in Christ are quiet and confident, and no evil can overtake the saint who has placed every care in His hands. The power to live with childlike joy and fearlessness can be traced to the effort we make to get to the feet of Jesus Christ. He is our confidence. Draw near, my friend.


You will keep him in perfect peace,

Whose mind is stayed on You,

Because he trusts in You. (Jeremiah 26:3)


Let’s Pray
 – Lord, I will be as bold as a lion, because You are with me. If You are for me, who of any consequence can be against me? Stand with me Lord and fight for me. I am Your child and Your servant, and all my springs are in You! In Christ Jesus, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen.....I shall keep my thoughts focused on Him and as I behold Him then what's going on around me shall not take my peace from me.

    ReplyDelete