Saturday, February 15, 2020

Ordered by God

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. (Psalms 37:23)

Does the Lord delight in you and the life you live? Do your speech and behavior glorify Him? Would the people who know you best call you godly and Christ-like? Your steps (character) must be shaped and ordered by God, and if He is ordering your steps, you are a picture of what it means to live a life pleasing to God. If anyone wants to know what God’s will is, they should be able to look at you and your “steps.” Think and pray about this for a moment.

I often hear teachers speaking about God's plan, the will of God, or the purpose of God. They sometimes speak this way as it pertains to some destiny or preferred outcome in our earthly lives. The Bible never speaks that way. God is not preparing us for anything to come on earth -- He's preparing us for heaven! If we are prepared for heaven, we need not be overly concerned about anything else. The Lord will care for those things, and we are to set our hearts and minds on eternal matters, not temporary ones. Some believers are bogged down with so many worldly concerns (politics, success, prosperity, healing, legacy, etc.), that they long ago ceased to point men and women to heaven. Yet, our Lord desires that we be one with Him in Spirit and purpose-- just like Jesus, whose only concern was pleasing His Father. So must it be with us. That is what it means to walk with God. That is what it means for God to delight in our way.

Let's Pray – Abba, teach me to consider my steps and to walk in the light of Your Word at all times. I want to live in such a manner that You are glorified in me. Thank You for ordering my every step. In Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Something really to be very mindful of because if and when I forget to this Word....the cares of life (schedules, business, family) all the cares of this life begin to weigh me down. Therefore, I intentionally need to stay mindful of this Word. Otherwise....I become just a church goer...not a true believer with character and substance that sets me apart because I am a child of God.

    ReplyDelete