Monday, February 3, 2020

Abide in Me

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. (John 15:7-8)

The abiding presence of Jesus Christ must be clear and evident in the life of a saint. We are no longer tossed to and fro by every wind of thought and emotion, but we are planted and grafted into the vine which springs from the heart of God. We are called beyond a casual acquaintance and into the confidence of our Lord, Who is willing and able to make us holy, because He is holy. This is the hope every child of God clings to -- the Father’s abiding love.

Where Christ abides, there is peace -- and we never truly know if we possess that peace within until there is trouble all around us. Our response in those seasons tell us everything about our relationship with the Lord. When we are abiding in Him, we will glorify God through it all by the power of our faith. We will be fruitful and joyful regardless of the circumstance, because of the Spirit who dwells so richly in us. This is how we know we are His, and this is how everyone around us knows. Remember, in His presence is fullness of joy. Abide in His presence and His joy.

Let’s pray  Father, fill me with Your presence, and abide in my willing heart. I will be obedient to Your every Word, and I will keep my heart pure before You that You might gladly live in me, both now and forever. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! The discipline is in the relationship. It’s all about Him, and that’s why we have peace, that’s why we stand firm, and that’s why we have joy, even when it makes no “sense.” Thank you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!!!! All to Him I surrender...my heart, my will & ways and certainly my heart that I wait for Him to purify. And I praise!!! I worship!!! And I PRAY!!!! By faith I choose to believe Him rather than allow my circumstances to reign. JESUS REMAINS FRONT & CENTER. I find confidence in Him and His abiding presence; it has never failed me. I just look up and find grace to be more thankful and at peace. Ohhh!!! How I Love Jesus thru the good and the bad and the ugly. Ohhhh!!!! How I love Jesus.

    ReplyDelete