Monday, February 24, 2020

Fear the Lord

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. (Proverbs 9:10) 

When we truly fear the Lord, it is impossible to fear anyone or anything else. As our faith grows, we find peace and safety through a strict and unwavering respect, reverence, and obedience to every word He speaks to our hearts. Once we receive God on those terms, we will live our lives with the sweet assurance that comes from our faith in His love and His sovereignty over all things. Now we can begin to live wisely; and the wise saint fears God, and God alone.
So we may boldly say:
“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?” (Hebrews 13:6)

To know God is to trust Him in every circumstance. Once we draw close to Him, our confidence will increase, as His peace pervades the atmosphere around us. He pours out spiritual wisdom when we seek Him and ask for it, and we begin to receive and share His perspective on things. We should begin every day with an expression of reverence for our God. That is what it means to be wise and understanding in His eyes. That is true wisdom.

Let’s Pray – Lord, I receive your love and care for me, and I set my mind on You alone. Jesus is my blessed assurance, so I will walk and speak boldly. I trust you and worship You. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Father for speaking to my spirit. Plant your Word deep within the recesses of my heart. AMEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete