Friday, February 28, 2020

An Eternal Perspective

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

If we will be still, God will show us what He sees. To “mount up” means we get a heavenly perspective, then we are refreshed and encouraged by the things He reveals. It is certain the Lord has the whole world in His hands, and nothing escapes His notice and interest. The saint who understands this goes about life with the energy of the Spirit, the Lord’s vitality, and joy. That is the blessed assurance that marks those who have learned to wait on God.

Waiting on God is not putting our feet up until the Lord makes His next move. It is the choice to believe He will bring all good things to pass in their time; and in the meantime, we serve Him with vigor. Waiting on God is not like waiting on anyone or anything else. It means carefully and patiently working out our salvation while He completes and perfects His work in us. James 1:4 tells us, But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. We are to do what only we can do, while He does what only He can do. That is what it means to wait on God. When He returns, let Him find us watching, working, and waiting.

Let’s Pray – Father, I desire to see all things and people as You see them. I will wait on Your Word, Your wisdom, and Your direction. Thank You for renewing of my strength, my joy, and my hope today. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Thank you oh God. He is so amazing...when I least expect it; He pours out His spirit upon me with strength, grace, that when I am weary and worn He restores me. He is the lifter of my head when I least expect it. His goodness prevails when I feel washed up. He washes me clean, He is my healer, and I am never alone. He fills my lungs with breath...he is the air I breathe.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me for the rest of my life, as I dwell in the house of the Father ...always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sweet encouragement to my spirit. I believe your instruction here is what it is to “keep oneself unstained” from the world, as James instructs as well. Thank you, sir.

    ReplyDelete