Monday, February 17, 2020

Let it Be

Let him alone, and let him curse; for so the Lord has ordered him. It may be that the Lord will look on my affliction, and that the Lord will repay me with good for his cursing this day.” (2 Samuel 16:11b-12)

How we handle unfair and harsh treatment says everything about our faith in God. Do we trust that He sees and knows all, and He will reconcile all things in due time? If so, we will be able to withstand the fierce words that will surely be hurled our way if we walk with Christ. The world hated Him, and it will also hate us, if we are in Him. We can be certain that God is good, and He will vindicate us in time. But for now, let it be.

There is grace for every difficulty we face, if we put it all in God's hands. The world is full of injustice, and if we say, "I will never put up with that!" we rob God of the opportunity to teach us and purify our faith. Jesus tells us to bless those who curse us, feed our enemy when he's hungry, and to overcome evil with good. We cannot do those things and fight for our rights at the same time. If we will be quiet and humble ourselves, even when we are wronged, He will lift us up and give us grace and glory. It takes the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit to live this way. May the Lord to fill us with that power. For now, let it be! 

Let’s Pray – Precious Lord, I trust in You and Your care for me. I will resist the temptation to defend myself or strike back when I am treated unfairly. I am willing to leave all in Your hands, because I have learned to trust You. I choose to move forward in Jesus and to let it be. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. AMEN...Thank you Jesus for your saving grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sir. Thank you for the Rhema word. God is on the throne, justice is His, and He is merciful beyond our understanding. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you
    ..I needed to be reminded of this right this moment. I need to put this into practice this very day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true PastorEric...Definitely so hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete