Sunday, February 23, 2020

Hide the Word

Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. (Psalm 119:11)

The Psalmist tells us he has hidden the scriptures in the deepest recesses of his heart and mind. Therefore, when he reaches into the essence of his being, he will find grace and faith in God and His Word, and that is the foundation of his life. His life is built on the Rock of ages, and the Word tells us he can never be moved. What is your life built on? Have you hidden God’s Word in your heart? 

The life founded on God's Word is one that will withstand the storms that are sure to come. Every temptation and trick of the devil will fail miserably when our response is scripture -- chapter and verse! It is imperative that we take the work of reading, memorizing, and obeying God's Word seriously; because the Word will strengthen and uphold us when we are tested. May we be prepared to pass every test, because we are sure to hide God's Word in our hearts. 

Let’s Pray - Father, thank You for sowing the seed of Your word in the soil of my being. I am deeply grateful to have the scriptures to stand on in this evil day. You are the solid ground on which I stand, and I know that every word You have spoken is, was, and will be true. In Jesus, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!!! I commit to increasing my reading time so my responses will be chapter and verse.

    ReplyDelete