Monday, April 5, 2021

Working Your Faith

"Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8)

 It is the work of the interior that matters most to God, for the Kingdom of God is within us. Faith is serious business to God, and it ought to be more serious to us. Walking by faith is the work we are called to do, but it is also the work most neglected. If we are not careful, we will find ourselves immersed in a myriad of worldly enterprises and poorly invested in the Kingdom of God.  We are to walk by faith and not by sight. 

 

What is this faith the Lord hopes to find when He returns? It is the conviction that God's Word is true, and He is Lord regardless of the sin that dominates the world around us. Even if the elect falter, God's faithful ones look to Jesus, and we refuse to look to another. Faith triumphs over fear, and faith-filled saints wait on the Lord and our strength is renewed. Faith rejects the chains of law and religion, and it walks in the liberty given to us by the Spirit. Faith and grace alone save and keep us, and Jesus will find us faithful when He returns. 

 

Let's Pray - Dear Lord, may I be found in You. I realize I cannot work for You, but I must surrender my life that You might work through me. Help me keep the attitude of a servant. Use me as You see fit. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!! I give my life away to Him. Not just once .....but I have to do so again and again; when I find myself taking control back from Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “For without faith, it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God...” Heb11:6

    ReplyDelete