Thursday, April 22, 2021

My True Family

And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.” (Mark 3:34-35) 

Every relationship has a reason and a season in the life of a believer, and the nature of those relationships must meet the Lord's standard. New wine cannot be poured into the old wineskin of family ties and natural affinities. If we insist on maintaining and pursuing old relationships, we cannot offer ourselves to God for Him to do what He pleases (remember Abraham separated from Lot). The efforts we put into those relationships are much better spent moving forward in Christ and embracing the family of God. There are mothers, brothers, and sisters right before our eyes, sitting at the feet of Jesus!

 

If we consecrate our lives to the Lord, some will take offense. They will accuse us of being self-righteous and religious, "too good" for the people we once associated with. We must not give in to that kind of talk, and we must keep our eyes on Jesus once we’ve begun to follow Him. We are His, and He is not simply leading us away from our past, but He is leading us in the righteous path. That path is narrow, and few find it. Remember, while many are called, few are chosen; and the chosen ones are found with Jesus, doing the will of God. 

 

Let's Pray – Thank You, Lord, for the church of Jesus Christ, which is my family. I am eternally grateful to be called a child of the Most High, and I will spend my days with my brothers and sisters giving You the worship You deserve. In Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

 

1 comment: