Saturday, April 24, 2021

The Lord’s Correction

My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor detest His correction; for whom the Lord loves He corrects, just as a father the son in whom he delights. (Proverbs 3:11-12)

Some men would rather argue and cry "foul" than receive correction, and the Lord cannot trust them with ministry or spiritual things. Jesus is calling His saints to put away childish things, grow up in Him, and serve Him acceptably. This can only be accomplished by those who have learned to receive His correction and discipline, and that is one way the Lord shows His love.

 

We are more and more fit for the Master's use as we learn to wait and depend on Him, as difficult as that might be. If you are going through hardship today as a servant of the Lord, He is getting you pass your self-sufficiency. God's true servants will be found abiding and placing all their hope in Him. So, rest in the fact that God's correction is a sign that He delights in you. Receive His discipline and be blessed. That is what it means to be His son.


Let's Pray
 – Lord, I gladly receive Your hand of correction, because it leads me to repentance, and repentance leads me to the Cross. That is where my sins are forgiven, and my burden is lifted. That is where I am made more like Jesus. That is where I want to be. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment