Friday, April 9, 2021

Poured in Our Hearts

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. (Romans 5:5)

Love proves I am born from above, and the lack of love proves that I am not! I do not have the option to withhold love, for it is the very foundation of Christian character. The one sure sign that I know God is that my heart reflects His when it comes to the issues of life and relationships. If I love God, every facet of my life will be brought into alignment with that love, and I will be determined to adhere to that standard no matter how difficult the struggle. Love becomes the relentless force moving through my words and deeds, and everything not in agreement with that love must be forsaken. For me and you, it's all about love.

 

God is Spirit, and God is love. When the Holy Spirit pours His love in our hearts, we begin to see every man and woman as He sees them -- according to love. God wants to fill our hearts with love, and He wants us to give that love away. This is an entirely new way of looking at the world, and now we begin to understand all the Lord desires to accomplish. We must learn to lead with love, to default to love, to respond in love, to hope in love, and pray in love. May the Lord increase our understanding of these things -- and our love.


Let's Pray – 
Dear Lord, I pray that my speech and my actions make it clear that I am a child of God. By Your Spirit, I will adjust my every attitude, and make sure I am in alignment with the love You require and expect from me. Amen.

1 comment: