Monday, December 7, 2020

From That Time

From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 4:17)

. . . and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed Him. (Matthew 4:22)

I am convinced that the repentance is among the most awesome privileges any man or woman will ever have -- it is a gift of God. Repentance is more than the effort to stop sinning, and so much more than feeling sorry for our sins, no matter how sincere we are. Repentance is the decision to turn from our ways and to follow Jesus. That is when He gives us a new life - - and that new life takes divine energy to live. Repentance is an unfathomably rich and gracious opportunity to position ourselves to see and receive the Kingdom of God. What is the Kingdom of God? It is the life and perspective God gives us when we believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ and receive His Holy Spirit. No one will see the Kingdom of God without repentance.

Kingdom life dictates an ever-changing, ever-advancing viewpoint on all things. As we open our hearts to worship Him in spirit and in truth, we experience remarkable changes as the power of God invades every facet of our being -- and we gladly offer ourselves a living sacrifice for Him to employ as He wills! It is an exciting journey, and the choice is ours, if only we will REPENT!

Let's Pray - Lord God, may I appreciate the gift of repentance more and more. It is not only the opportunity to turn from my sins, but the doorway into a life of devotion and ministry. I will repent and turn to You every time the Spirit instructs me, through the power that dwells in me. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! By faith I receive this Word in my heart. I appreciate Him; Jesus Christ my Lord. Glad for the gift of repentance.

    ReplyDelete