Saturday, December 5, 2020

Before We Go

And it came to pass on the way, at the encampment, that the Lord met him and sought to kill him. (Exodus 4:24)

In this passage, the love of God and the anger of God collide in a baffling way. Moses was God’s man going forward with God’s plan, with His commission and permission – then the same God who called Moses meets him on the way with the purpose of killing him! This should cause us to ask what habit, action, mindset, or sins are we carrying that is an offense to God? Where has Satan hitched a ride on our heaven-bound expressway? What old issues and attitudes are a hindrance to your new season? What is there about you or within you that needs to die? Where do you need to repent before moving forward? These are the questions we should ask ourselves before taking another step.

Let's Pray - Father, open our eyes and show us the truth about ourselves. We desire to be righteous and blameless in Your sight, and that is only possible when the Holy Spirit shines His light on our lives. Help us, Lord. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Most church folk would take to offense this teaching and understanding of the very way God thinks and His plans. When I first heard this...I was like others too. But as the Holy Spirit opened my heart, eyes, and mind to the truth of the greatness, holiness, and purity of God I soberly received His righteousness; and wisdom about how He works in and thru us to carry out His greater purpose. Our ways are not his ways and many of us have been way to long grasping that God Almighty knows exactly what He is doing. May I continue on the PATHS of righteousness knowing and believing HE IS FULLY IN CONTROL...NOW and ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for keeping it real, Pastor. This reminds me of what you have so often taught us, the enemy hides right here in the body of Christ, and I do my best when I read every word from the Bible as He is writing it to me. Time to examine myself. Love in Christ!

    ReplyDelete