Tuesday, September 8, 2020

True Prosperity

". . . but I am carnal, sold under sin." (Romans 7:14b)

There is so much preaching today about prosperity and worldly success in the Christian life, but that is a selfish and entrepreneurial perversion of the scriptures. Our problem isn't that we are not rich enough, successful enough, or healthy enough; the issue is and always will be our sin nature. That is what Jesus came to the earth to address and defeat. Sin has the last word in our lives, unless we believe that Jesus died for us and rose victoriously from the grave - "Therefore I (Jesus) said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." (John 8:24) Yes, He did die, He did rise, He does hold the keys to life and death, and He has given everlasting life to every believer. That is the true prosperity, success, and health the Gospel promises; and since we know we are seated with Him in the heavenlies, earthly things and worldly measures of success have lost their grip on us. We were once sold under sin, and now we are bought with a price -- the precious blood of Jesus. Now that is true prosperity!

Let's Pray - Dear Lord, I realize Jesus is the only way back from my sinful path. Thank You for loving me enough to send Your Son, my Savior, to save my wretched soul. Amen.

1 comment: