Tuesday, September 15, 2020

An Honest Saint

Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit!” (John 1:47)

Honesty is required in the child of God, and He expects truthfulness from us in all our dealings. Integrity is a basic biblical principle that must be honored, otherwise, you and I cannot increase in spiritual understanding and stature. Every dishonest act, even the slightest shading of the truth is a serious affront to the Living God, who is holy and pure; and He will not receive dishonesty or dishonest people into His kingdom.

In the world (and sometimes in the church), integrity is viewed as a nuisance, and it is much more important to be effective, successful, and get the desired result. Yet, our Lord looks upon our hearts, and He values righteousness and truth in the inward parts of us. He detests lies, as they reflect Satan and his influence, and there is nothing devilish in heaven, nor should there be in the church of Jesus Christ. Likewise, Nathanael was a man who disdained foolishness and deceit, and the Lord acknowledged Him for his integrity. He was a man God could trust with the truth, and He longs to trust you and me in the same way. So, place your name here — "Behold, ____ indeed, in whom is no deceit!" May it be true of each of us, Lord! 

Let's Pray Dear Lord, I desire to be one who speaks truthfully at all times. Teach me to be honorable in my dealings with others, as You are with me. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Yes Lord Jesus...Give me the courage and discipline to whom speaks truthfully at all times. Remove any guile you see in me. Have your way in me Jesus...even if I pout or throw an adult tantrum; have your way and will in and thru me. Amen

    ReplyDelete