Friday, May 20, 2022

Will You Believe

Nicodemus said to Him, "How can these things be?" Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you a teacher of Israel and do not know these things? If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?" (John 3:9,10)

Nicodemus was asking the right questions, but the answers were not what he expected. That's because Jesus' words are spirit and life, and Nicodemus did not yet have ears to hear them. He was expecting Jesus to speak in the aloof, legalistic way he'd become accustomed to — yet, Jesus was speaking spirit and life, and that was new and unexpected. Nicodemus would never be the same after this conversation, and Jesus' words were going to draw him or repel him. How Nicodemus received those words depended on the condition of His heart, and the same is true of us. "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." (Revelation 2:7)

It is God's pleasure to give us the keys to the Kingdom, and our good pleasure to receive them. When we come to the Lord with our questions and cares, we must be prepared to hear Him in the spirit — that is the only language He speaks. He is the truth, and He speaks the truth. Those who are willing to trust and obey hear Him gladly, and the mysteries of faith become clearer to us all the time. Are you simple enough, humble enough, quiet enough to hear and understand spiritual things? Can you receive the truth?

Let's Pray - Lord, I humble myself before Your Word. I am determined to be simple and childlike enough to hear and obey. Thank You for ears to hear. In Jesus, Amen.


1 comment:

  1. A Big AMEN. Thinking of speaking and wanting to be heard, plus being noticed??? What comes forth from my mouth aint worth a hill of beans unless .....it is spoken attached to the things pertaining to LIFE which may not be religious sounding, but yet full of wisdom & spoken under the influence of the Holy Spirit of God. Just plain & simple.....if you believe you are His Mouth piece to share anything you will go thru seasons of being Quiet for sometime. It's a blessing in disguise. So when you do come forth.....your voice will be not only heard, but have LIFE in the ears of the hearer. You are just a tool, a vessel being used, that He has given to be a source of service to others......WHEN HIS TIMING IS RIGHT. You also will avoid being so hasty.....knowing what matters is His Glory,,,not yours. Father, I commit to less of me and always MORE OF YOU. The focus is on you; not me. Keep me centered. You've chosen me and I am NOT a copycat of anything or one else. Especially, when its you who established me; not myself. The Words of my mouth I pray produce FAITH and endurance....it's all about you and how to hang on KNOWING whatever YOU SAY....I can believe it no matter what I feel . You are working in me to complete the promises I have in you. You are the only thing I've got to say. NEVERTHELESS!!!!! An action that daily is lived out in me. This is my voice Christ in Me and Christ in You/Us!!!!! Glory to the Highest!!!!!

    ReplyDelete