Sunday, May 29, 2022

He Who Comes

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6)

Faith simply believes God. It believes He cares even though we experience distressing times, it believes He heals even when we are sick, that He saves though people around us are lost in sin, and that He is with us even when we feel alone. Faith won't give up due to any of these circumstances, because it is rooted in our eternal God, not our temporary plight. Faith looks at Jesus and refuses to look for another answer, another Savior. That is why faith alone pleases God. 

 

When God is pleased with us, we can ask, and it will be done for us. That is because faith is rooted in relationship, and that relationship brings us to a point of being one with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; and that is where we find complete agreement between all parties involved. The Lord is bringing us to the place where our concerns and prayers are identical to those of Jesus, who lives to intercede for us. Then, my prayer life becomes a fountain of blessing through which the Lord moves mountains and crushes the works of the devil. That is faith's reward — those who diligently seek God will find Him and abide with Him, and that is where our new and abundant life truly begins.

 

Let's Pray - Dear Lord, I will be one who continually comes to You by faith, and I know that You will reward me for seeking You. In fact, You are my great reward! Thank You. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!!! AMEN!!!! I AM SO GLAD THAT JESUS CHRIST LIFTS ME UP AND HAS PLANTED MY FEET ON A SOLID ROCK. I have nothing to claim, nothing of any value.....OTHER THAN THE TRUTH OF HIS LIFE RESIDING ON THE INSIDE OF ME.....beyond what I can see or understand. I only understand that I AM SURROUNED BY HIM. And that too is according to my faith in Him.

    ReplyDelete