Friday, October 16, 2020

Strengthen Your Brothers

And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.” But he said to Him, “Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death.” Then He said, “I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me.” (Luke 22:31-34)

Satan constantly works to hurt and hinder the children of God, and pride is his favorite tool against us. He uses pride so effectively, because we almost never detect it in ourselves until it's too late. Every time we claim to be good, to be right, or to be better than anyone else, we give Satan the right to claim that ground on which we choose to stand. That is why the devil asked for access to Peter; he was leaning on his own strength, and that is Satan's territory. Peter was about to learn the most painful lesson of his life -- pride comes before a fall.

Jesus never ceases to pray for us, and He prayed for Peter. The power of His love and His prayers is infinitely greater than hell's hateful schemes. Satan's attempt to destroy Peter would fail, and the Lord would soon seek and restore his disciple. Peter would be baptized in the Holy Spirit, and that baptism would be his armor against the pride that was nearly his undoing. He would never again give Satan the right to claim any dominion in his life, and he would intercede for others the way Christ did for him. "Strengthen your brethren."

Let's Pray - Precious King, please forgive me for my arrogance and pride. I want to see and hear the words You speak to me, so I humble myself in Your sight. Thank You, Jesus, for always interceding on my behalf. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment