Saturday, October 24, 2020

Not About Me

Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. 
(John 5:19)

"It's not about me!"Those are some of the most important words I've ever learned to speak to myself. They reflect a basic understanding that undergirds everything the Lord wants to do through me and for me. Once I die to the belief that the world revolves around me, what I think, and what others think of me, I am ready to receive the life and perspective of the Lord. Once my feelings and my agenda are cast down and I find myself at the feet of Jesus, then the Lord can have an honest conversation with me that will change my perspective from an earthly one to a heavenly one. When I wake up tomorrow, I must start the whole process again, "It's not about me!" -- because my flesh and my pride will never relent as long as I live. Dying to myself is a day-by-day, moment-by-moment, conversation-by-conversation thing, and so is coming alive in Christ! I can make that choice, and therein lies my freedom. I am most free when it's not about me!

Let's Pray - Dear Lord, please help me resist the temptation to place myself and my thoughts on the throne. That place is reserved for Jesus alone. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment