Saturday, July 20, 2019

To Kill a Spider

The spider skillfully grasps with its hands, and it is in kings’ palaces. (Proverbs 30:28)

Our lives are to be testaments to the saving and sanctifying power of our God and Savior, and our bodies are rightly called the temple of the Holy Spirit. We are the dwelling place of the Most High, and He expects us to do all He instructs to keep our hearts clean and suitable for His habitation. Yet, even in the most pristine, finely appointed and decorated rooms (hearts), one may find a spider on the ceiling or the wall. The spider is there without invitation, unwelcome, and dreaded indeed! But, there it is, and we are wise and prudent to put away our dread and rid the room of the spider, whatever it takes. This is a picture of the life and work of even the loveliest Christian. We must have a fierce and deadly attitude when it comes to dealing with the sin that seems insignificant and seeks to go unnoticed, while dwelling comfortably among the beautiful furnishings appointed by God.

Our enemy is ruthless and willing to take whatever ground we allow. Like a spider, he will silently weave his web. If we are not more determined than he is, Satan will make himself comfortable, and he will eventually be a nuisance and a snare to us. May the Lord give us understanding and determination in these matters.

Let's Pray - Lord, teach me and give me the courage to do everything necessary to live a holy life. May I offer You a clean heart to live in each day. In Jesus, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Wow!! Wow!!!! Pastor that was well stated. Spiders and their spider webs. There is no way apart from Jesus to get rid of those " things." Only by and thru HIS grace have I endured the constant nuisance of having "spiders" show up, making themselves known.
    I pray that I not faint in weariness, NOR IN FEAR of them. For Christ in me shall cleanse my heart. For He has set me free (inspite of me) every thing that has held me in bondage and fear. I choose to press forward in Jesus Name....waiting on the Lord.

    ReplyDelete