Thursday, July 25, 2019

Reaping and Sowing

So it came to pass in the morning, that behold, it was Leah. And he said to Laban, “What is this you have done to me? Was it not for Rachel that I served you? Why then have you deceived me?” And Laban said, “It must not be done so in our country, to give the younger before the firstborn. Fulfill her week, and we will give you this one also for the service which you will serve with me still another seven years.” (Genesis 29:25-27)

Reaping and sowing is an unbreakable spiritual law, and Laban’s act of deceiving Jacob was a classic example of that law working itself out in real time. By deception, Jacob wrestled the blessing and birthright from his brother Esau, the firstborn of Isaac and Rebekah -- and now he was deceived when he was given Leah, Laban’s firstborn, when he thought he was marrying her younger sister. Remember, God is not mocked. His Word is true, and it applies directly to the lives of men and women, particularly His children. The promises and blessings spoken over us do not absolve us from the consequences of our sinful acts. We will reap what we sow! Take heed to yourself, my friend.

Let's Pray - Lord, may I acknowledge the lesson taught in this Scripture passage, and may I sow good seeds, so I may reap a good harvest in all I do. In Jesus, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Yes Sir...it is good to take heed to this Word. May I be mindful...always.

    ReplyDelete