Thursday, December 14, 2023

Things Not Seen

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)

 

Our faith is the shield that armors us against the storms of spiritual attacks. It steadies us when sorrows crush our emotions, and when disappointments threaten to steal our hope. Faith assures us of God's care and presence when the winds and rain threaten to destroy our possessions, unsettle our minds, and steal our peace. Faith keeps us walking righteously, and we trust in God when others fall into despair and sin. Thank God for faith.

 

Every difficulty is an opportunity to believe God and exercising our faith in Him is the greatest work of all. Even a mustard seed of faith is greater than mighty works, and a small measure of trust is greater than a lifetime of labor. God sent His Son, that He might become the center of our hope and joy, and that we might put all our confidence in His love and power. That was and will always be the Father's will, that we trust in Jesus as if our lives depend on it. In truth, our lives do depend on it; for true life and new life come from faith — faith in Jesus Christ. 

 

Let's Pray - Dear Lord, I realize there is no substitute for faith. So, I come to You daily, and I come believing that You love me, see me, and hear me when I call. I will walk by faith, looking forward to one day seeing Your face. In Jesus I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment