Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Speak Kind Words

Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.  (Colossians 4:6)

 

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. (Luke 6:45)

 

Our words tell us what is in our hearts. When our hearts are settled on our God, we will speak blessings and encouragement, and our speech will be like morning dew and evening rain on the dry and thirsty ears that hear us. Let your speech be a blessing today, and let the world hear Jesus in you.

 

When I speak poorly, it is a sure sign that there is something ungodly seeking to find a foothold in my heart. So, I must take the spade of God's Word and dig out every root of bitterness, every offense, and every point of darkness the Scriptures reveal. There is absolutely no room in my heart for that which does not glorify the King, because God is light, and His children are the light of the world. Therefore, our words must bring life, light, and peace to every conversation. 


The Holy Spirit has shed the love of God in your heart, so speak kind words today that reflect His presence. Others are listening. God is listening.

 

Let’s Pray – Father, place the words of Jesus in my heart and on my lips. I will set a guard on my tongue, that my words would be seasoned with salt, building others up, not tearing them down. Be pleased with my speech today. Amen,

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Studying to being quiet as a practice...has been quiet interesting. I was finding myself already getting on my own nerves because of the discipline it takes to commit to the leading of the Holy Spirit. But often people felt very uncomfortable around me or had lots of question asking " what's the Matter", " What's Wrong."? I felt trapped because I was just trying to learn how to "shut up" and on the other side of that "accusations" of being bringing discord to the family was there. Couldn't win for losing. I didn't stay in self pity too long though....because our all knowing Father graced me little by little to pass thru this issue in my life in degrees enough to know it was possible AND IT WAS A GOOD THANG TOO. I can't live HOLY NOR SANCTIFIED. I CANT DO NOTHING APART FROM HIM THAT IS OF ANY WORTH...not matter how I tried. When I just all the test of being a good saint.....something happened. HIS LIFE STARTED LIVING FORTH FROM ME...AND THE EXPERIENCE OF BEING IN THE LIGHT STARTED HAPPENED. BEING SET FREE REALLY really became something that is possible. The goodness of God and His mercy and grace have been evident as I continue along this path. I am able to believe Him more. He is closer than He ever was to me. LIVING WORD!!!! I AM SO HAPPY, JOYOUS, to be born again. AND NOW PASTOR WHEN YOU SAY THERE IS MORE TO COME....IT'S BELIEVEABLE. While the world around me is falling apart and there is lawlessness, and the hearts of many have grown cold; I am able to express HIS peace that passes my understanding in the middle of it. I am not bound by my flesh nor the mistakes I do make....because in me HIS Righteousness is dwelling. GRATEFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE bear with me this morning. I meant to say in the above response WHEN I JUST FAILED ALL MY TEST NO MATTER HOW I TRIED....THEN SOMETHING STARTED HAPPENING. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete