Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Come to Me

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

The rest Jesus offers is the assurance that He loves and cares for us, and we can confidently give our all to the One who is able to save us and keep us forever. You see, Jesus is not just interested in giving us rest, but being our rest. He is the Rest of God! The "yoke" He gives us is the assurance that He is always with us, through all our tests and labors. Therefore, we should never be depleted or exhausted, for He shares our burdens, and we will find true rest in Him.

 

The rest Jesus offers is more than a respite or vacation from our labors. It is the benefit we enjoy when we receive Him as our Lord, as well as our Savior. He must truly become the "Author and Finisher" of our faith and our works. We can rest in the assurance that He takes total responsibility for everything we commit to Him, and we must commit everything to Him. Truly, He is our Sabbath — not a just day of the week, but a way of life, where we learn He is sufficient and trustworthy in all things, all the time. And all we have to do is come


If you are weary, it is because you are laboring without Him. So remember, believing in Jesus is the work you've been given to do. Take His yoke, stop striving, and start trusting. Come and find your rest in Him. Come to Jesus.

 

Let's Pray - Father, I confidently enter into the rest that is mine when I trust You completely. I take my life back from myself, and I offer it to You as a living sacrifice. Use me to glorify Your name for all to see. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment