Monday, June 6, 2022

Who’s Your Daddy?

When Saul saw David going out against the Philistine, he said to Abner, the commander of the army, “Abner, whose son is this youth?” And Abner said, “As your soul lives, O king, I do not know.” So the king said, “Inquire whose son this young man is.” (1 Samuel 17:55-56)

The scriptures tell us that those who are born again have become "brothers and sisters" of our Lord Jesus Christ. How proud Jesus is to present us to the Father as family members! Hebrews 2:11-13 says, For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying: “I will declare Your name to My brethren . . . and again: “Here am I and the children whom God has given Me.” We know we are God's children, because we bear a distinct and unmistakable likeness to His Son, Jesus Christ. We walk in the same sweet Spirit He walked in, and we glorify the Father by following our Shepherd wherever He leads. Welcome to the family of God!


Just as Saul sought to identify David's father, so men will want to know the source of your faith, hope, peace, love and joy. David's character harkened back to the man who raised him, the man who taught him about the Lord and His power, the man who taught him to be fear-less and faith-full, the man who gave him his name and identity, the man whose God became David's God. Saul insisted on knowing the father responsible for the young man who possessed such skill and confidence — and even now, men want to know the name of our Heavenly Father. Let's make sure to tell them.


Let's Pray - 
Abba, I will gladly tell the world that You are my Father. All I have, all I am, all I want is found in my relationship with You. In Jesus alone, Amen.

1 comment: