Monday, November 8, 2021

Spirit and Life

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. (John 6:63)

It often astounds me how dense I am – how slow I am to recognize the hand of God and to believe what He says. Perhaps I’m not simple enough, and I complicate things more than I should. Sometimes the promises in the Word of God seem too good to be true, especially in the light of my difficult circumstances. Yet the Lord holds me accountable to what He says to me. When He speaks, His words are spirit and life — and like a child learns to heed his parents, so must I learn to believe God and expect everything He says to manifest in its time! Thus, the successful Christian life boils down to this one thing. “Do I hear what God is saying, and do I believe what I hear?” The Holy Spirit gives life to those who hear and believe. "Lord, help me hear, believe, and obey Your every word!"

 

Let's Pray - Dear King, I set my heart to believe everything You say to me. I will follow Your instruction implicitly, and I will walk by faith as the sign that Your Word is everything to me. In Jesus' sweet name. Amen!

1 comment: