Monday, November 1, 2021

One Thing I Do

Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 

(Philippians 3:13-14)

 

The Christian life is one of constantly moving forward, and Jesus demonstrated this by His fierce determination to glorify His Father and finish the work He was given. He knew His earthly life would end tragically on the Cross of Calvary; yet, nothing could deter Him, even for a moment. His was a life of moving on in the will of God. The same must be true of us.

 

Every encounter, every conversation, every activity, and every moment of rest in our Lord's earthly life was ordained by God, that all righteousness might be fulfilled, and nothing left undone — "It is finished!" Jesus refused to be weighed down or distracted by things going on around Him. People would come and go, love Him or hate Him, bless Him or slander Him, fall at His feet or spit in His face, praise Him or plot against Him, follow Him or abandon Him, and it mattered not one bit. Not because He did not care, but because He cared so greatly; and that deep concern for man’s state caused Him to focus on the Atonement, and nothing else. The same must be true of all who draw near to Jesus today. Let us forget everything behind us, joyfully focus on Jesus, and follow closely wherever He leads.

 

Let's Pray - Dear Lord, help me to move forward in my walk with You. I am willing to let every relationship and activity fall to the wayside, so that I might pursue You with all my heart and mind. In Jesus, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. In Jesus Name AMEN. AMEN!!!! Amen. No turning back, no turning back. Only my best is forward.

    ReplyDelete