Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Woe is Me

So I said:
“Woe is me, for I am undone!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King,
The Lord of hosts.” (Isaiah 6:5)

No one can truly know himself until he knows God, for only God can show him who he really is. After all, the Lord created us, and only He possesses the intimate knowledge of every facet of our humanity -– our essence, our origin, our present, and our destiny. Isaiah discovered this truth when saw the Lord, and he immediately confessed his low moral estate in the presence of a holy God -- "I am a man of unclean lips." He saw God, then realized the helpless sinner he was. Open our eyes like You opened Isaiah's, Lord!

Isaiah saw the truth about God and himself, and now he was ready to see others in the light of that truth. The world around him became clear, and now he was able to judge all things as God judges them. That is the true meaning of "revelation" -- seeing all things as God sees them. May every preacher of the Gospel see like Isaiah saw and wait on God before preaching a single word! "Woe is me, for I am undone!"

Let's Pray
 - Dear Father, I am nothing apart from You, and I find nothing good in me unless it has been imparted to me by Jesus. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit. I will worship You in Spirit and in truth! Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen...AMEN. May we see as God does. If you ever get a glimpse of yourself apart from His saving grace you will have no problem understanding the greatness of His Salvation for us. Sin is no joke....want no part of it. And HE IS the only way of escape....the only hope of deliverance possible. Lord God I am thankful for HIS love.

    ReplyDelete