Sunday, August 23, 2020

Just Look Up

Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13-14)

Be instructed - Jesus quickly forgave and forgot when men offended Him. He found no need to be right or defend Himself when He was accused or attacked. He reconciled all things good in the light of His Father’s sovereign will. Therefore, Paul encourages us to do what Jesus modeled for us – forgetting, letting go, and pressing forward toward the vision of glory the Father places in our hearts. There is no time in our fleeting lives for lamenting and mourning missed opportunities, old relationships, mistakes, and misunderstandings. While we all experience hardships and disappointments, the Lord offers us a new day and season, if we will just look up!

What we see has everything to do with our focus and our perspective. If we wait on the Lord, we will mount up on eagles' wings and see everything from a heavenly perspective. But if we get bogged down with earthly concerns and pursuits, we will frustrate every effort of the Spirit to take us higher and deeper in heavenly things. The danger most Christians face is not overt sin, but a divided soul, stuck in neutral and never able to get free from the chains of earthly matters. May the Lord remind us daily that we have been set apart for Himself; and may we agree, and wholeheartedly commit to our heavenly citizenship.

Let's Pray - Father, I am ready and willing to move forward in my life. I refuse to be held back by anyone or anything in my past. The best for me is yet to come. In Jesus alone, Amen.

2 comments: