Thursday, August 13, 2020

Send Me Lord

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” (Isaiah 6:8)

The holy pattern for God’s ministers is seen here. We must not simply go but be sent – for we cannot reveal the true and living God to others until we ourselves have seen Him and been sent by Him. We must not send ourselves, for it is not our interest we are representing, but His. Isaiah understood this, and he responded with a sincere purpose to go and to glorify the God he’d just seen. May it be the same for every one of us who wish to be known as servants of God. May we wait until we have seen, heard, and been sent by the Lord before we go.

There are three witnesses regarding every man or woman called to the ministry - the Lord Himself, the minster himself (or herself), and the elders of the church. This is the pattern set forth in the New Testament, and it is the third requirement that is most likely to be neglected. Many are convinced that God has called them to go out, and they go out on the strength of that conviction. However, there must also be a "laying on of hands," as men and women of stature in the church agree and consent to the minister's call and commission. That is a more complete picture of God's thought for those who seek to go into vocational ministry today; and it is very important to heed and honor each step. Remember, it is much better to be sent than to just go!

Let's Pray - Lord, I am not only willing to go, but willing to wait until You send me. Give me the patience and wisdom necessary for Spirit-filled ministry. I desire to glorify You alone. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Amen. Pastor, wondering how many ministers today are quick, and sure of step 1 and step 2; but totally disregard step 3 as it relates to the laying on of hands by the elders before the congregation. I've lived long enough within the confines of the church body to witness the trail of discord that's left behind due to the disrespect and disregard for step 3. I wonder what Paul would say pertaining to this being so common among us as a body today. When we speak of God's power being expressed among us....I ponder if this could be an issue within the BODY as a whole that even the VERY ELECT of GOD WILL/COULD BE DECEIVED an in ignorance about. When we get finish throwing around all of the scriptures in defense of this matter I wonder WHERE THE LIFE OF THE LORD ACCORDING TO HIS WORD IS TO BE FOUND. Or will our arguments reign over who is correct....reign over the LIVING WORD THAT SUPPOSE TO BRING FORTH LIFE WITHIN THE BODY. Will we allow the letter to "killeth" or will there be peace and love via the life and flow of the HOLY SPIRIT of CHRIST JESUS? I hope and pray for the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pastor. I heard it said that we as believers have a tendency to get ahead of God more than be behind. I have seen what happens here, and been that person. I receive and embrace this counsel gladly! Lord Jesus, help us to be right on time...to wait when you say wait, and go when you say go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. There’s a lot of GO-TOO orders out there. I pray for the Lords guidance to know when I am being sent or when I am to speak.

    ReplyDelete