Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Seeking the Loss

“. . . for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” (Luke 19:10)

Could it be that God is reaching out to the sinners we reject? Could He be moving among people we've disdained? Could it be that God wants to use us to touch the people, neighborhoods, and nations we've abandoned? Was Jesus Himself not accused of consorting with prostitutes, hated tax-collectors, and a whole assortment of undesirables? Are we, then, right to condemn and refuse to even show kindness to those He loved and died for? Lord, forgive us!


It is a sad thing to witness a church which as lost its first love — that is, its ability and willingness to love the way Jesus loved. Without love, the church is a sad caricature of herself, having strayed far from the One who called her into being and keeps her through the ages. 


The church is to be the body of Christ, with arms outstretched to a lost and dying world, and where the least and last find a place of refuge and security. 


As long as we are mired in worldly culture and controversy, we cannot fulfill the Great Commission; for we cannot make disciples until we are disciples — disciples of Jesus Christ. We must remember that we are the exclusive messengers of the New Covenant, and Jesus seeks and saves the lost by His ministry through us! May we turn back to Him, and may He once again find us faithful and useful for His divine enterprises, not our religious ones. Amen.


Let's Pray - Dear God, please forgive me for a judgmental attitude toward others. I long to take advantage of every opportunity to show the love and compassion You showed me. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Dear God...Today may I stay focused so that I can walk in love & peace that seems beyond any strength I can muster up. Just having the knowledge that I have to encounter situations that require me to maintain my focus and dependency on you....makes me tired because I have no confidence in myself. IT'S ALL ABOUT TRUSTING IN YOU.... Nothing Else at all Will Do. Faith or Fear......Worry or TRUST. It's my believing your control of every aspect of my life, or allowing the loud voices of my feelings and thoughts to dictate my decisions and actions. What will come forth from my mouth? If God be for me what or whom can be against me? What's gonna come forth? Is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit more dominate or will I surrender to the likings of my old dead nasty flesh? Will I die or shall the spirit of life prevail....today. Whom or What shall I choose? May the God of Peace, Courage, and of a Sound Mind Rule in my life and be in control today.... Staying Focused. Jesus Is Lord. May I walk and speak in that reality that the very gates of hell SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST HIS CHURCH. That is who I am. As the sun rises in a few hours, my steps have already been ordered. Let not my heart be fearful nor troubled by mankind....but rise up challenged to SEE JESUS and to see from HIS PERSPECTIVE ALL THINGS. LET CHRIST IN ME RISE UP!!!!! (speaking to myself)

    ReplyDelete