Sunday, October 30, 2022

Capture Every Thought

. . . casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ . . . (2 Corinthians 10:5)

 

Effective and fervent prayer from a faith-filled saint gets God's ear every time, as worry is cast behind us where it belongs. Worry is wrestling with our thoughts, but the Lord calls us to wrestle in prayer, and there is a huge difference between the two. If we pray and worry, we are double-minded, and we cannot expect to receive anything from God, because worry is an expression of fear, while prayer is an expression of faith. God responds to our prayers and our faith, not our worries and fears.

 

Scripture tells me to take every thought captive and make it a prisoner of my devotion to Jesus Christ, and I can only do that in prayer. My thoughts alone will always lead me astray, until I learn by strict discipline to drag them kicking and screaming before the throne of God. My faith feeds on prayer, and that is where I find victory over my fears. So, when it comes to all that concerns me, I will remember this —I must not think about it, and I must not worry about it; I will pray about it.

 

Let's Pray - Dear Lord, thank You for teaching me to pray and not worry. I believe You answer prayer, and my prayers open the windows of heaven. I will continue to look up and bow down. Amen.

1 comment: