Sunday, July 10, 2022

Our Heavenly Supply

Remove falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches.

Feed me with the food allotted to me; lest I be full and deny You,

and say, “Who is the Lord?”

Or lest I be poor and steal,

and profane the name of my God. (Proverbs 30:8-9)

 

People have an insidious way of distorting the value of money, and we are tempted to depend on it more than we depend on God. There is a dangerous tendency to look to our resources before we look to heaven, and that brings all manner of unnecessary stress and hardships. Every lesson God teaches us has this in mind -- that we no longer depend on ourselves or anything other than Him, especially our money.

 

We must remember the church is a supernatural enterprise, and every resource she needs is found in Jesus Christ and nowhere else. As the Word tells us, every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and all our springs are found in Christ. The church and the Christian life are heavenly things, and their supply must be heavenly also, lest they become something God never intended. May we be more and more careful to remember this and trust in our God, not our money.


Let's Pray - 
Father, You are all I need, and that will never change. I look to You first and last, for You are my inheritance, my portion, and my lot. I will be satisfied in You always. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment