Tuesday, October 26, 2021

I Chose You

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give you.” (John 15:16)

 

This is the divine order of the life of God's servants. The Lord calls and chooses us out of the world, appoints and commissions us into His service, plants and places us where He desires, and we come to Him for everything pertaining to life and godliness. That is God's plan, and it cannot be defeated or frustrated by any ungodly force or being. It is Jesus who holds the keys to time and eternity, and His purpose will always be fulfilled in those who walk closely with Him. "And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience possess your souls." (Luke 21:17-19)

 

Friendship with God is the sovereign choice of Jesus, and He offers it to whomever He wills. It is an awesome honor to be called apart from the world into the confidence of God and to be trusted with spiritual matters. God has appointed His chosen ones to this, and if we are faithful, He will produce godliness in us that will feed a world hungry for Jesus, the Bread of Life. No tree the Lord plants eats its own fruit or seeks to lavish its produce on itself (as some shamelessly do); but we are God’s gifts to the world, and our relationship with Him avails to us the endless supply of heaven, so that His will is unfailingly accomplished through us everywhere we are sent.

 

Let's Pray - Dear Father, I realize I am a servant of Yours by no merit of my own, but by Your sovereign grace and choice. All my confidence and joy are found in You! I love You, Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment