Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Your New Name

Then God said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall be her name. And I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples shall be from her.” (Genesis 17:15-16)

God changed Sarai's name to Sarah to signify a new day in their relationship, and everything that was to transpire from that point forward was to be a matter of faith. He set Himself to bless her, provide for her, and fulfill her desire for a child of her own, even though she was far past the age of bearing children. He was determined to do for her what only He could do and to prove His word faithful and true. It is not until we receive the promises of the Lord as Sarah did -- even in the face of impossibilities -- that we begin to walk confidently and fearlessly before Him. Do you believe Him like that?

Some of us have never experienced the touch of the Lord by receiving His promises, and we have not yet received our new name. Yet, He is our Father, and that word packs great meaning for each of us. His promises are not only for others, because God doesn't have favorites. But He does have intimates -- His children. He doesn't speak to "ministers" only, but to everyone He receives as sons and daughters. Our religious notions about God must give way to relationship, and that relationship is personal and available to each one who will hear, believe, and enter in. I challenge you to listen for God's still and quiet voice speaking directly to you. You will hear Him confirming His love for you and revealing His divine path for you to walk. So, receive your new name today -- "Beloved of the Lord."

Let’s Pray – Lord, I want to believe You and trust You more than ever before. When You speak, I will say, “Yes, Lord!” So, speak. Your servant is listening. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN. To be able to Listen is like a gift. Especially so, once He has revealed to you that although you have been walking around with two ears...you could not hear. Neither could I see...with my two eyes...I was blind. I was taught how to LISTEN that I might KNOW HIS VOICE. Hence forth; its been the experience of Him revealing Himself to me. Listening became a treasured gift; seeing I could not hear without HIM. Today, I am listening to Him ABOVE ALL OF THE PRESENT DAY CHATTER.

    ReplyDelete