Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Worry About Nothing

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God . . .  (Philippians 4:6)

 

Worry is often a sign of spiritual laziness. It is the failure to believe God, and the result of leaning to our own understanding. The Lord is sure to test our faith, and our response to those tests will tell us if our faith in Him is strong and vigorous or weak and inadequate. Weak faith is always our fault, and it is born of the refusal to hear, believe, and do the Word of God. Whether the Lord says, "Yes", "No", or "Wait," our response is to be that of a loving child — we trust Him, we obey Him, and we refuse to worry.

 

Fear and anxiety are the archenemies of our faith. Therefore, the Lord commands us to be strong and courageous, and He gives each of us the power to obey that command. We are not to be blown to and fro by the winds of circumstance, because we are "more than conquerors" in Christ Jesus. The key is to be found in Him, and He must be found in us. 

 

We must get every fault and fear to His feet in prayer immediately. When we do, those faults and fears that once defeated us become the backdrop of our victorious testimony. One day, you will laugh at the things that used to frighten you. Perhaps that day is today!


Let's Pray
 - Lord, I am determined to put my fears to death and to live by faith. I believe You hear and respond to every prayer I lift up, so I will pray more and more, and worry less and less. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!!!! Pastor I wish sometimes that there was a form of this Word that you could inject into a syringe (like insulin) and the shot would embed this into our heads. One injection for the head and one that goes into the heart. Problems solved!!!!! Aaawwaaahhha!!!! We'll back to reality I must come. Holy Spirit reign in my soul today and forever more. I have a long ways to go.....but go forward I must.

    ReplyDelete